We all have our bubbles these days, you know those people we live with. Whether we are sick of them or not at this point there is no getting rid of them or hanging with anyone else. So, what better way to pass the time with those “you love” than piling into the car and going to a movie!
It could be a drive-in movie or picnic-style on socially distanced blankets! Whatever the venue, it is the only way to see and share a movie experience these days. And in order to do it safely so you “don’t burst your bubble” is to follow the current guidelines put in place by your city or regional health departments. So be sure to know what these guidelines are before you leave your house.
COVID-19 is a global pandemic. Every time we leave home there is a chance we could be exposed to the virus. We are all in this together, but it is up to each and every one of us to take responsibility to ensure our own safety in these unprecedented times.
Here is the #1 golden rule for Covid:
Follow the Rules and Guidelines that are posted by state, province, county, city, health depart in your area.
Here are 5 general actions you can do:
- When required to wear a mask it must cover your nose and mouth.
- Sanitise your hands regularly
- Do not touch your face with unwashed hands
- Keep 1.5m (6ft) away from others
- Stay at home if you feel unwell and contact a health worker
If you are an event planner or cinema owner, the following procedures should be set in place, in order to keep movie-goers and staff safe while providing the opportunity to have some much-needed fun during these exceptionally difficult times. Every country will have its own specific rules and regulations that must be followed, but here are some tips on how you can ensure your outdoor cinema event is COVID safe.
- Tickets should be sold online. This allows you to scan the tickets on entry so there is no interaction with door staff.
- No food should be available to purchase on the night. Food can be pre-ordered with the ticket purchase at checkout.
- No mask, no entry. All staff will have masks and sanitizers.
- Your COVID safety posters should be easily visible, so make them colourful and place them strategically around the venue. Design a COVID safety on-screen slide that you can show before and after the movie.
- Santizer must be freely available and accessible throughout the venue.
- Toilets must be disinfected after each use.
- Make your pop-up cinema a LEAVE NO TRACE event. This literally means that – leave no discernable trace behind after the event. Add this to the t’s and c’s when purchasing tickets, so that your guests know that they are responsible for their own waste. Your recycling bins should be easily visible and accessible.
The future of our planet lies in our hands. Ensure your event is COVID safe and take every opportunity to raise environmental awareness. You have the power to influence positive change on earth.