“You’re only as good as your last show”: Use pre-show time to engage with your audience. This list was created to give you the owner some pre-show ideas for pop-up cinema events.
- A microphone is always handy. It’s a great way to make announcements easily and while you are at it you can ask if anyone is celebrating a birthday or anniversary.
- Invite a band or comedian to perform before the movie. So, get a microphone. We have been seeing this a lot lately – Drive-in movies are the new Social distanced Comedy Club. If you want some suggestions, check out this article at Transom.org and scroll to the microphone section.
- Run a raffle and hand out prizes.
- Create a play zone area with games and face paint and even a jumping castle.
- Have performing artists, jugglers, stilt walkers, fire dancers to entertain your audience.
- Connect with a worthy cause!
- Add more decor or lighting to create a stunning visual experience that your audience will want to take photos and share with other people. (Remember to tell your audience to use your hashtag and to tag your social media for any photos they post of their experience)
- Add a photo booth or red carpet style photo wall to your event (a wall with your company info and hashtag that gives your attendees a place to take selfies and photos of their friends to post) See more things to add to your kit here.
- Be active on social media and post content that entices your followers to share
So, go the extra mile to create an epic cinema event and give your audience even more reason to share their experience with friends and family. Get your audience talking about your screening like it was the event of the season! That will get them coming back again and again and again… because as they say… Word Of Mouth Advertising is FREE Advertising.
See some of our suggestions below.
In the spirit of transparency, we want you to know upfront that links to products we recommend are (mostly) affiliate links. This means that, at zero additional cost to you, we will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and make a purchase. A percentage of that commission is being set aside to start funding the foundation we are creating to help bring edutainment to underserved areas around the world, starting in Africa. Thanks in advance for helping us with this mission! To read more about it and perhaps get involved, read Focus on Africa.